toriphorums * A Tori Amos Music & Arts Community  

Go Back   toriphorums * A Tori Amos Music & Arts Community > * Tori Amos * > Tori Amos News & Discussion > Tori Websites
toriphoria (side menu) toriphoria (drop-down menu)

Tori Websites "spinning 'round, spinning 'round..."

Old 04-15-09, 06:28 PM   #1
Parker

Parker has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Parker has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Parker has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Parker has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Parker has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Parker has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Parker has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Parker has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Parker has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Parker has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Parker has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!
Default Tori (or her people) on Twitter

as confirmed by Neil Gaiman.

http://twitter.com/therealtoriamos

______

neilhimselfJust got word that @therealtoriamos is Tori's twitter site. Not sure if she'll be twittering herself yet. But it's her.20 minutes ago from TweetDeck

______

therealtoriamosJust left Paddington Station after a few days of UK/European prom. Tash and I highly recommend Belgium Chocolate at the Krispy Kreme there.11:17 AM Apr 22nd from Tweetie

______

therealtoriamosAm I chirping? Bird song in FL consists differently than those in Cornwall. Rehearsing for the Savoy show. Not a gossip girl tonight.14 minutes ago from web

______

Just had dinner in former East Berlin overlooking the TV tower & the statue of Mr Marx. Lovely Turkish meal. German TV tomorrow. Tschuss about 4 hours ago from Tweetie
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 06:38 PM   #2
kuro_neko

kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!
Default Re: Tori (or her people) on Twitter

;;barf;;

this looks like it is going to be promotional use only. I mean, I sincerely doubt tori is going to be LOLing on tweeter about who knows what. the blogs last time were even worse, what with the easter egg hunt to find them and then how sparsely they were updated, eventually being forgotten about and falling into oblivion. I'm thinking this will be the same thing, just another way for tori to interact with her fans, but I can't see her actually using twitter seriously, or for very long either.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 07:22 PM   #3
Yo vicci
under the pink in a spring haze

Yo vicci has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Yo vicci has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Yo vicci has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Yo vicci has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Yo vicci has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Yo vicci has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Yo vicci has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Yo vicci has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Yo vicci has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Yo vicci has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Yo vicci has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

I hope she does use it herself and not just for promotion!!
i mean thats what i like about twitter is that its YOUR random thoughts!
Old 04-15-09, 07:26 PM   #4
Coldnickhot
Is That Guy Who Brings His War In

Coldnickhot has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Coldnickhot has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Coldnickhot has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Coldnickhot has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Coldnickhot has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Coldnickhot has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Coldnickhot has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Coldnickhot has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Coldnickhot has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Coldnickhot has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Coldnickhot has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

I thought Tori doesn't use computers. Don't you remember? She had a hard time reading the chat and trying to catch up. Plus she said somewhere in an interview that computers and the internet scare her and she's trying not to go on the internet to see people's opinion of her stuff or something, I can't remember.
Old 04-15-09, 07:42 PM   #5
SweetOnes
sudden light in everything

SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
;;barf;;

this looks like it is going to be promotional use only. I mean, I sincerely doubt tori is going to be LOLing on tweeter about who knows what. the blogs last time were even worse, what with the easter egg hunt to find them and then how sparsely they were updated, eventually being forgotten about and falling into oblivion. I'm thinking this will be the same thing, just another way for tori to interact with her fans, but I can't see her actually using twitter seriously, or for very long either.
Isn't everything an artist does a form of promotion? Interacting with fans has become a two-edged sword, what with hackers and viruses and the like. Technology giveth and technology taketh away.

As for the ADP blogs... it needs to be stated again and again that the blogs were one part of a multi-media project. I suspect the Dolls' blogs were updated as frequently as they were in the beginning so that Tori could get a hold on each Doll's characterization as early as possible, then, as Tori understood the Dolls more, more importance was given to the stories the Dolls told in song, not print. (The blogs were written as a result of what happened on tour and weren't based on reader comments, as far as I know.)

The blogs were just one facet of the ADP era. Not the whole story. Yes, they could have been updated more-- I agree with you on that. But I suspect Tori used the blogs largely as a way of keeping these five personas constantly at the front of her mind; she frequently referred in interviews to how Santa was the hardest Doll to understand, and guess whose blog has the most posts in the beginning? Hers.

I understand your frustration, both with Twitter and the blogs. But the former will be carefully updated (Tori's not going to give us daily updates on Tash and Mark, she never has) and the latter was just one piece of the ADP project.
Old 04-15-09, 07:57 PM   #6
bouncingoffclouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldnickhot View Post
I thought Tori doesn't use computers. Don't you remember? She had a hard time reading the chat and trying to catch up. Plus she said somewhere in an interview that computers and the internet scare her and she's trying not to go on the internet to see people's opinion of her stuff or something, I can't remember.
haha I remember that!

"Its going so fast how do you make it slow down!"

"Are they really typing that fast?"
(reading from the room) You're Flooding the crap out of her THEN Yeah you are
Old 04-16-09, 12:42 AM   #7
kuro_neko

kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetOnes View Post
Isn't everything an artist does a form of promotion? Interacting with fans has become a two-edged sword, what with hackers and viruses and the like. Technology giveth and technology taketh away.

As for the ADP blogs... it needs to be stated again and again that the blogs were one part of a multi-media project. I suspect the Dolls' blogs were updated as frequently as they were in the beginning so that Tori could get a hold on each Doll's characterization as early as possible, then, as Tori understood the Dolls more, more importance was given to the stories the Dolls told in song, not print. (The blogs were written as a result of what happened on tour and weren't based on reader comments, as far as I know.)

The blogs were just one facet of the ADP era. Not the whole story. Yes, they could have been updated more-- I agree with you on that. But I suspect Tori used the blogs largely as a way of keeping these five personas constantly at the front of her mind; she frequently referred in interviews to how Santa was the hardest Doll to understand, and guess whose blog has the most posts in the beginning? Hers.

I understand your frustration, both with Twitter and the blogs. But the former will be carefully updated (Tori's not going to give us daily updates on Tash and Mark, she never has) and the latter was just one piece of the ADP project.
no, tori said the blogs were going to go through the tour and end around christmas, same time as the tour. guess when most of them had their last entry? not even close to christmas. it was kind of a failed experiment, IMO, she bit off a bit more than she could chew. I understand it was a part of a multimedia presentation, when did I say otherwise? My point, like others have mentioned, is that Tori isn't exactly computer savy and I can't buy her actually running to her computer and giving twitter updates. It strikes me as just another promotional tool. However, if you talk about people like Neil Gaiman or Amanda Palmer using Twitter, that is COMPLETELY different. Amanda Palmer posts details for random meet ups and events, a real way to stay connected with her fans. I somehow don't see Tori organizing a spontaneous pillow fight to the death during a press even like SXSW via Twitter (which Amanda did). I'm not claiming one is better than the other, I just guess I would prefer if they didn't even bother. Obviously Tori isn't going to be really on top with these things, because even when she has tried before (like with the blogs) and made a committment, it didn't pan out quite the way it was intended. I think the same thing about Twitter. I don't think we are going to get any personal updates from Tori, I think it is going to be another news feed for her announcements made by her team, and ocassionally with messages from her.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-09, 06:05 AM   #8
Dark Water
Burlesque Fairy Power

Dark Water has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Dark Water has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Dark Water has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Dark Water has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Dark Water has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Dark Water has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Dark Water has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Dark Water has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Dark Water has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Dark Water has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Dark Water has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

I always thought Tori would have been more computer savy actually. I'm sure she must know a little around music programming software, in which case the internets not that hard. And Tash must be able to use the internet, for the whole embarrassing picture incident. In which case Tori must be around and have a pretty good idea too.

Last edited by Dark Water; 04-16-09 at 06:06 AM.
Dark Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-09, 08:20 AM   #9
Mango
fresh, dried, canned

Mango has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Mango has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Mango has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Mango has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Mango has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Mango has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Mango has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Mango has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Mango has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Mango has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Mango has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

^Embarrasing picture? What did I miss?

09/24/09 Prague
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-09, 09:13 AM   #10
Dark Water
Burlesque Fairy Power

Dark Water has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Dark Water has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Dark Water has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Dark Water has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Dark Water has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Dark Water has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Dark Water has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Dark Water has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Dark Water has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Dark Water has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Dark Water has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

^I've forgotten the interview and exact details, but didn't Tash accidently find the pig photo from Pele or something online?
Dark Water is offline   Reply With Quote