toriphorums * A Tori Amos Music & Arts Community  

Go Back   toriphorums * A Tori Amos Music & Arts Community > * Tori Amos * > Tori Amos News & Discussion
toriphoria (side menu) toriphoria (drop-down menu)

Tori Amos News & Discussion "you don't need the light on to guide you to her..."

Old 03-01-12, 02:27 PM   #71
schrader
Leave Your Daily Hell

schrader has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!schrader has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!schrader has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!schrader has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!schrader has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!schrader has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!schrader has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!schrader has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!schrader has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!schrader has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!schrader has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!
Default Re: Tori to be on VH1's "100 Greatest Women in Mus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicLover View Post
I'd say the one lady who I'd put above Tori is Lady Kate Bush.
No way! Kate Bush hasn't released anything of worth since 1985 and hasn't touted since 1979! We barely know her abilities, to be honest.

Last edited by Blue Mermaid; 03-02-12 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Spelling
schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-12, 07:13 PM   #72
WhiteChalk
This is not a custom user title.

WhiteChalk has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteChalk has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteChalk has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteChalk has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteChalk has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteChalk has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteChalk has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteChalk has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteChalk has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteChalk has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteChalk has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrader View Post
No way! Kate Bush hasn't released anything of worth since 1985 and hasn't touted since 1979! We barely know her abilities, to be honest.
You're more than entitled not to like anything Kate Bush has released since 1985, but that petty name calling and fat-shaming is completely uncalled-for.

This list is a joke by the mere inclusion of the likes of Kesha or the Pussycat Dolls.

Last edited by Blue Mermaid; 03-02-12 at 04:22 AM.
WhiteChalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-12, 11:19 PM   #73
aquilm
it will all find it's way in time

aquilm has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!aquilm has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!aquilm has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!aquilm has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!aquilm has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!aquilm has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!aquilm has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!aquilm has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!aquilm has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!aquilm has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!aquilm has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrader View Post
Hmmm, that's hardly necessary nor is it objective fact. Some of us would place Kate Bush at the same level as Tori. I would as well. It's not like Tori has a spotless record herself.

Last edited by Blue Mermaid; 03-02-12 at 04:22 AM.
aquilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-12, 04:24 AM   #74
Blue Mermaid
Call me when you need me...

Blue Mermaid has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Blue Mermaid has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Blue Mermaid has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Blue Mermaid has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Blue Mermaid has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Blue Mermaid has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Blue Mermaid has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Blue Mermaid has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Blue Mermaid has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Blue Mermaid has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Blue Mermaid has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteChalk View Post
You're more than entitled not to like anything Kate Bush has released since 1985, but that petty name calling and fat-shaming is completely uncalled-for.
Absolutely correct. It won't be tolerated and any such posts will be edited or deleted. Repeat offenders risk being banned. You guys know the rules. Play nice.

I was looking for a breath of life,
A little touch of heavenly light...
Blue Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-12, 04:28 AM   #75
Blue Mermaid
Call me when you need me...

Blue Mermaid has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Blue Mermaid has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Blue Mermaid has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Blue Mermaid has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Blue Mermaid has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Blue Mermaid has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Blue Mermaid has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Blue Mermaid has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Blue Mermaid has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Blue Mermaid has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Blue Mermaid has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
I agree here. To me, there are so many levels of her music & if you attempt to separate them , you tend to find more & more to be astonished by through that dissection. So, at surface level there is the music... the arrangements...complex & bold... clearly someone of immense talent behind them. The melodies... beautiful, otherworldly. The lyrics... poetic, lovely, clever, smart. Then when you get to the subject matter..that's when I lose my shit It's a multi-dimensional work that when taken in completely is rather mind blowing. And no, I can't think of anyone else doing what she's doing..saying what she's saying... She is very special.
Yes. SO on the same page.

I was looking for a breath of life,
A little touch of heavenly light...
Blue Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-12, 10:49 AM   #76
ThunderWishes
Music is what feelings sound like

ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

It's really nice to see Tori on this list, as she has not had a radio hit in many years.
To the people that love Tori and her work, "We don't need not stinking radio." HA!
Old 06-04-12, 12:47 AM   #77
mayfly

mayfly has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mayfly has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mayfly has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mayfly has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mayfly has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mayfly has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mayfly has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mayfly has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mayfly has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mayfly has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mayfly has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!
love Re: Tori to be on VH1's "100 Greatest Women in Mus

I just tuned into the rebroadcast of this on VH1 at the moment. And they're only on 85... Will catch Tori

mayfly is offline   Reply With Quote