home / interviews
Tori's Favourite Things
- My favourite place is a world away from streetlights and close to nature. It doesn't matter if it's Cornwall or the tropics or the desert or in a forest.
- The one person I wish I could have met is American artist Georgia O'Keefe. She was a great visual artist and her work has been an inspiration to me throughout my life.
- I'm still a pushover for old Hollywood movies. I think Paul Newman and Elizabeth Taylor in Cat On A Hot Tin Roof can't really be topped when it comes to a glamourous pairing.
- Right now my favourite book is The Shamanic Way of the Bee by Simon Buxton. The reader gets a great insight into the mysteries of the hive mind. The bee tradition of healing gives the gift of sacred sexuality, if you're willing to embrace the sting.
- I love big cats. I'm fascinated by the way lionesses can gently lick their cubs an clean them, then rip the throats out of a wildebeest or a hunter who might be threatening their young.
- The very first record I ever bought was probably Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by The Beatles. But my favourite album to listen to while I'm getting ready for a night out is a Marvin Gaye box set. I'd definitely recommend it.
- I really admire Mary Magdalene. Reading the gospel that was attributed to her has given me a fascinating historical insight into her plight and message.
- My favourite drink has to be homemade lemonade. The only way to make it is with my mom's homegrown lemons from her own lemon tree back in Baltimore, USA.
- My husband (recording engineer Mark Hawley) is always guaranteed to make me laugh. I much prefer spending evenings home alone with him to going out on the town.
t o r i p h o r i a
the World of Tori Amos