songs | interviews | photos | tours | boots | press releases | timeline | stories
Under the Pink
press release / discography / photos / tour
promo bio / Tea with the Waitress / interviews
1993-12 / 1994-01-12 / 1994-09-06 / 1994-11-22
Atlantic Records press release
January 12, 1994
Under the Pink
Produced by Tori Amos & Eric Rosse
- With the February '92 release of Little Earthquakes, the world was introduced to the wildly original talent of Tori Amos. A uniquely powerful vocalist who pours emotion into every song, Tori's riveting performances, both in the studio and in concert, have enchanted legions of fans worldwide.
- Propelled by unique word-of-mouth, media raves, heavy MTV play, and the alternative radio smashes, "Silent All These Years" and "Crucify," Little Earthquakes received RIAA gold certification.
- "Newcomer Tori Amos's songs are smart, melodic, and dramatic; the deeper you listen, the hotter they get. 'Little Earthquakes' is a gripping debut," lauded Rolling Stone.
- While she crisscrossed the U.S. on her debut headlining tour, Tori also garnered considerable radio play with her brilliand rendition of Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit"; the song was featured on Crucify, Amos's special edition Compact Disc EP.
- Atlantic is very pleased to announce the February 1st release of Under the Pink, Tori Amos's eagerly anticipated seconf full-length solo outing. Produced by Tori and Eric Rosse (who together produced four cuts on Amos's smash solo debut), this brilliant album takes Tori's cathartic art to the next level.
- While Little Earthquakes was about coming to grips with victimization, Under the Pink describes taking control of one's life and one's being.
- First single: the intense and groove-oriented "God." Other standout cuts include the dynamic "Pretty Good Year"; "Baker Baker," a penetrating ballad; the reggae-inflected "Past the Mission"; and "Cornflake Girl."
- Tori will shoot videos initially for "God" and "Cornflake Girl" with director Melodie McDaniels.
- Expect a headlining tour in the spring.
t o r i p h o r i a
tori amos digital archive