toriphorums * A Tori Amos Music & Arts Community  

Go Back   toriphorums * A Tori Amos Music & Arts Community > * Tori Amos * > Tori Amos News & Discussion > Tori Websites
toriphoria (side menu) toriphoria (drop-down menu)

Tori Websites "spinning 'round, spinning 'round..."

Old 08-08-09, 02:55 AM   #11
kuro_neko

kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!kuro_neko has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!
Default Re: ToriBootlegs.com Down...New Site Coming?

we have gotten official live recordings for every album/era since Venus (well, you get my point, we got a live with that album recorded in the era previous to it). Scarlet got a DVD/EP, Beekeeper got Official Bootlegs, ADP got Legs and Boots....if some part of this tour was not released in some form, either as a DVD/EP/official boot, I'd be surprised.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-09, 08:20 AM   #12
orfeo
King of Calling Bluffs

orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuro_neko View Post
we have gotten official live recordings for every album/era since Venus (well, you get my point, we got a live with that album recorded in the era previous to it). Scarlet got a DVD/EP, Beekeeper got Official Bootlegs, ADP got Legs and Boots....if some part of this tour was not released in some form, either as a DVD/EP/official boot, I'd be surprised.
You missed the SLG era. Really, it'd be better to say we've had official live recordings from Scarlet onwards. But also from 96 (RAINN concert, actually early 97 but the Pele era) and 98.

I agree, I think it's quite likely we will continue to get live shows partly because technology makes it easier to distribute them now.

There's a small part of my mind, though, that notices that the live recordings match up with the Sony/Epic era - a label also responsible for a lot of the other artists who led the way in making recordings available regularly, eg Pearl Jam. With a new company/contract, the emphasis on live recordings may not be the same.

Depends on how much of it was their push as opposed to Tori's. I would hope, though, she's got the message by now about the value of her live catalogue.

You can now read my Musical Diary
orfeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-09, 11:35 AM   #13
sisterernestine
gimme peace, love, and a hard...

sisterernestine has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!sisterernestine has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!sisterernestine has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!sisterernestine has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!sisterernestine has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!sisterernestine has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!sisterernestine has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!sisterernestine has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!sisterernestine has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!sisterernestine has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!sisterernestine has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

someone will probably ask her at meet and greet.
i'm not too worried
I would love a repeat of what she did in 05.
She could release 6 boots- 2 from U.S. 2 from Europe and 2 from the solo shows in Oz. that would be the coolest thing ever, put them out in physical and digital format... yum
Old 08-08-09, 12:20 PM   #14
opheliaimmortal
Not here

opheliaimmortal has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!opheliaimmortal has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!opheliaimmortal has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!opheliaimmortal has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!opheliaimmortal has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!opheliaimmortal has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!opheliaimmortal has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!opheliaimmortal has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!opheliaimmortal has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!opheliaimmortal has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!opheliaimmortal has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterernestine View Post
i'm not too worried
She could release 6 boots- 2 from U.S. 2 from Europe and 2 from the solo shows in Oz. that would be the coolest thing ever, put them out in physical and digital format... yum

Bloody Brilliant you! I really like this idea!

opheliaimmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 06:16 PM   #15
collectingbees
her life was cold and dark....

collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufisdance View Post
FYI, they've had the mics for the audience sound up at most or all of the shows (the mic stands at each side of the stage that pick up the house sound and audience response). I wasn't paying attention in Seattle, but they've been there for all of the other shows (8) that I've been to. So, it's possible they will decide to release some of the US shows like they did in 2005.
Did you go to the San Jose/ Oakland shows this time around? Did you see any there? I hope official boots surface, but I am still pretty satisfied with my unofficial ones.
collectingbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 06:18 PM   #16
collectingbees
her life was cold and dark....

collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterernestine View Post
i'm not too worried
SWEEET!
collectingbees is offline   Reply With Quote