toriphorums * A Tori Amos Music & Arts Community  

Go Back   toriphorums * A Tori Amos Music & Arts Community > * Tori Amos * > Tori Amos News & Discussion
toriphoria (side menu) toriphoria (drop-down menu)

Tori Amos News & Discussion "you don't need the light on to guide you to her..."

Old 09-10-10, 01:34 AM   #11
WhiteHorses
aka swanflight

WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!
Default Re: Where's the "Flavor" remix?

^I have a genuine 500 Miles promo CD, so it was probably meant as the second single. Not that it was widely released/popular, the promo CD is rare as heck, whearas WTE promo CD is pretty easy to find on Ebay, if that's any indication.

Last edited by WhiteHorses; 09-10-10 at 01:56 AM.
WhiteHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-10, 03:19 PM   #12
SweetOnes
sudden light in everything

SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanflight View Post
^I have a genuine 500 Miles promo CD, so it was probably meant as the second single. Not that it was widely released/popular, the promo CD is rare as heck, whearas WTE promo CD is pretty easy to find on Ebay, if that's any indication.

That's quite the find! Would it be possible to upload it in a larger size?

And I have to ask this... is that red hair fake?
Old 09-10-10, 04:47 PM   #13
hipmamaof3

hipmamaof3 has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!hipmamaof3 has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!hipmamaof3 has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!hipmamaof3 has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!hipmamaof3 has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!hipmamaof3 has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!hipmamaof3 has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!hipmamaof3 has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!hipmamaof3 has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!hipmamaof3 has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!hipmamaof3 has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!
butterfly Re: Where's the "Flavor" remix?

of course that hair is fake....people still ask this question or were you being silly?

hipmamaof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-10, 07:58 PM   #14
SweetOnes

SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!SweetOnes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipmamaof3 View Post
of course that hair is fake....people still ask this question or were you being silly?
The hair on the album booklet version of that picture isn't quite so... red. It really distracts from the rest of the cover.

(I know it's fake. The hue of it is just... er... startling.)
Old 09-11-10, 01:44 AM   #15
WhiteHorses
aka swanflight

WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetOnes View Post
That's quite the find! Would it be possible to upload it in a larger size?

And I have to ask this... is that red hair fake?
Sure I'll try and scan it in the next few days.

The red hair on the original isn't as neon red...the saturation just got bumped up somewhere.
WhiteHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-12, 09:12 AM   #16
krispito

krispito has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!krispito has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!krispito has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!krispito has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!krispito has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!krispito has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!krispito has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!krispito has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!krispito has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!krispito has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!krispito has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

Totally random, I was making a mix of Tori's songs that got the remix treatment and remembered Flavor was being worked on. Do we think this will ever see the light of day?
Who was the woman working on the mix? sometimes people share unreleased mixes they've worked on on their own sites.
krispito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-12, 03:13 AM   #17
orfeo
King of Calling Bluffs

orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispito View Post
Do we think this will ever see the light of day?
Who was the woman working on the mix? sometimes people share unreleased mixes they've worked on on their own sites.
Well, I suppose there's some small chance of it seeing the light of day in that kind of unofficial capacity. Not sure about the legalities though - who owns what if something was officially commissioned, but then the commissioning party decides not to make use of it. Always a bit messy.

You can now read my Musical Diary
orfeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-12, 11:17 AM   #18
SweetOnes

Quote:
Originally Posted by orfeo View Post
Well, I suppose there's some small chance of it seeing the light of day in that kind of unofficial capacity. Not sure about the legalities though - who owns what if something was officially commissioned, but then the commissioning party decides not to make use of it. Always a bit messy.
Tara Busch mentioned via Twitter or elsewhere that she sent the remix(es) to Universal Republic some time ago, and that they're now somewhere in the record-company ether.

I'd dig up what she said, but I'm not in the mood. Finishing a 10-page paper on Nietzsche and Mill when you have to start a 15-page one on Kierkegaard and Hegel will do that to you...
Old 04-02-12, 10:19 PM   #19
orfeo
King of Calling Bluffs

orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!orfeo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetOnes View Post
Tara Busch mentioned via Twitter or elsewhere that she sent the remix(es) to Universal Republic some time ago, and that they're now somewhere in the record-company ether.
Sigh. Record company vaults. Got to love 'em. Not.

Excuse the legal rant, but that's one part of copyright law that really does bug me. The whole point of copyright, its original rationale, is that it protects your right to use something and make money from it. It prevents competition for the money.

If you're NOT going to use it, I'm far from convinced that copyright should continue to apply for the next several decades to prevent free sharing. Use it or lose it.

I'm a strong advocate of buying something instead of taking it, but that can only apply when there's actually a SELLER.

You can now read my Musical Diary
orfeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 08:25 AM   #20
SweetOnes

Quote:
Originally Posted by orfeo View Post
Sigh. Record company vaults. Got to love 'em. Not.

Excuse the legal rant, but that's one part of copyright law that really does bug me. The whole point of copyright, its original rationale, is that it protects your right to use something and make money from it. It prevents competition for the money.

If you're NOT going to use it, I'm far from convinced that copyright should continue to apply for the next several decades to prevent free sharing. Use it or lose it.

I'm a strong advocate of buying something instead of taking it, but that can only apply when there's actually a SELLER.
"You must spread..."

Dammit!