toriphorums * A Tori Amos Music & Arts Community  

Go Back   toriphorums * A Tori Amos Music & Arts Community > * Tori Amos * > Tori Amos News & Discussion
toriphoria (side menu) toriphoria (drop-down menu)

Tori Amos News & Discussion "you don't need the light on to guide you to her..."

Old 09-25-09, 05:08 AM   #1
Alamo
Queen of Spades

Alamo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Alamo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Alamo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Alamo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Alamo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Alamo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Alamo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Alamo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Alamo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Alamo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Alamo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!
Default The 50 Essential Women-in-Music Albums, Ranked

31. Boys For Pele (1996), Tori Amos
Boys For Pele is Tori Amos’s break up album. But instead of “You Oughta Know,” she gives us “Blood Roses,” a song composed primarily on the harpsichord and featuring lines like, “I’ve shaved every place where you’ve been boy.” Keep reading>>

http://flavorwire.com/39305/the-50-e...-albums-ranked

Old 09-25-09, 07:47 AM   #2
mr. goth glam
the showstopper

mr. goth glam has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mr. goth glam has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mr. goth glam has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mr. goth glam has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mr. goth glam has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mr. goth glam has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mr. goth glam has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mr. goth glam has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mr. goth glam has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mr. goth glam has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mr. goth glam has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!
Default Re: The 50 Essential Women-in-Music Albums, Ranked

Good pick and not a bad place on the list.
Tumblr: http://barnaclelapse.tumblr.com
Word Press: http://gabrielricard.wordpress.com
http://drunkmonkeys.onimpression.com/
http://www.mpjournal.com
mr. goth glam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-09, 03:36 PM   #3
GenkaiShinigami
Genkai, Dr. Cox, and Tori Obsessor

GenkaiShinigami has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!GenkaiShinigami has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!GenkaiShinigami has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!GenkaiShinigami has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!GenkaiShinigami has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!GenkaiShinigami has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!GenkaiShinigami has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!GenkaiShinigami has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!GenkaiShinigami has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!GenkaiShinigami has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!GenkaiShinigami has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

Oh, wonderful! That's not a bad place, either. x3

give me life, give me pain, give me myself again
GenkaiShinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-09, 06:04 PM   #4
sisterernestine
gimme peace, love, and a hard...

sisterernestine has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!sisterernestine has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!sisterernestine has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!sisterernestine has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!sisterernestine has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!sisterernestine has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!sisterernestine has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!sisterernestine has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!sisterernestine has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!sisterernestine has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!sisterernestine has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

Good choice. I don't know why they said 'almost entirely on harpsichord" though.
Old 09-25-09, 09:25 PM   #5
attracted.to.sin
+ inactive +

attracted.to.sin has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!attracted.to.sin has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!attracted.to.sin has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!attracted.to.sin has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!attracted.to.sin has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!attracted.to.sin has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!attracted.to.sin has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!attracted.to.sin has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!attracted.to.sin has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!attracted.to.sin has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!attracted.to.sin has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

I was so thrilled when I read this (I posted it in the pop culture thread a bit back) and felt proud that they picked BfP out of all of them
attracted.to.sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-09, 09:51 PM   #6
oxoxHERxoxo
TinyShiver

oxoxHERxoxo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!oxoxHERxoxo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!oxoxHERxoxo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!oxoxHERxoxo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!oxoxHERxoxo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!oxoxHERxoxo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!oxoxHERxoxo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!oxoxHERxoxo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!oxoxHERxoxo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!oxoxHERxoxo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!oxoxHERxoxo has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

That's awesome!!! And I love the vid they posted, the live performance of Blood Roses. For any one who isnt familiar with Tori who is reading the article, it's a great introduction into the intensity of her work. It's hard to deny the brilliance of BFP, and I'm glad that people are recognizing that. Not to mention... a list of kickass female artists?? Good stuff.

Glad to see Ani and PJ on there, too. Though, I would have picked Dilate. Or Educated Guess. But that's just meeeee.

Anywho! Thank you for sharing there are some albums on the list I havent heard. This will give me something to work on haha.
Old 09-27-09, 02:31 AM   #7
phoenix

phoenix has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!phoenix has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!phoenix has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!phoenix has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!phoenix has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!phoenix has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!phoenix has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!phoenix has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!phoenix has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!phoenix has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!phoenix has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by attracted.to.sin View Post
I was so thrilled when I read this (I posted it in the pop culture thread a bit back) and felt proud that they picked BfP out of all of them
i know! BfP is like a bottle full of emotions being let out. the people who made this list really know what they're talking about. and it looks like there's alot of music i have to catch up on listening to
phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-09, 02:59 AM   #8
collectingbees
her life was cold and dark....

collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

not a bad ranking, and Pele isn't my favourite, but I am glad that she made the list!
collectingbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-09, 08:10 AM   #9
MakeThemLaugh

MakeThemLaugh lit us up like amber waves.MakeThemLaugh lit us up like amber waves.MakeThemLaugh lit us up like amber waves.MakeThemLaugh lit us up like amber waves.MakeThemLaugh lit us up like amber waves.MakeThemLaugh lit us up like amber waves.MakeThemLaugh lit us up like amber waves.MakeThemLaugh lit us up like amber waves.MakeThemLaugh lit us up like amber waves.MakeThemLaugh lit us up like amber waves.MakeThemLaugh lit us up like amber waves.

I'm glad Tori made it and despite my fairy wings, that is probably around where it should be ranked. (I do think a lot of their other rankings are ridiculous and I laughed out loud at great artists being so far down and some crap being so high up.)
MakeThemLaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-09, 08:20 AM   #10
lena
teams of horses of the brine

lena has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!lena has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!lena has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!lena has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!lena has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!lena has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!lena has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!lena has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!lena has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!lena has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!lena has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeThemLaugh View Post
I'm glad Tori made it and despite my fairy wings, that is probably around where it should be ranked. (I do think a lot of their other rankings are ridiculous and I laughed out loud at great artists being so far down and some crap being so high up.)
This is basically what I was thinking.

Though, honestly? I wouldn't suggest anyone starts with Pele. I mean, if they hadn't heard any other album of hers. 'cause I know that I certainly didn't like it the first time I listened. It's undoubtedly one of her best albums, and probably one of the best albums out there (I personally think ), but it's an acquired taste, even for someone who likes Tori.

...or, well, in my experienece, anyway.
lena is offline   Reply With Quote