toriphorums * A Tori Amos Music & Arts Community  

Go Back   toriphorums * A Tori Amos Music & Arts Community > * Tori Amos * > Tori Amos News & Discussion
toriphoria (side menu) toriphoria (drop-down menu)

Tori Amos News & Discussion "you don't need the light on to guide you to her..."

Old 06-29-11, 08:14 PM   #21
bobby, the bee collector
Bubble Gum Trade, Co.

bobby, the bee collector has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!bobby, the bee collector has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!bobby, the bee collector has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!bobby, the bee collector has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!bobby, the bee collector has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!bobby, the bee collector has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!bobby, the bee collector has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!bobby, the bee collector has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!bobby, the bee collector has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!bobby, the bee collector has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!bobby, the bee collector has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!
Default Re: Broadway Sings Tori: a benefit for RAINN

Molly Pope's "Little Amsterdam" was AMAZING. Like, seriously, it was dark and funny and energetic all at once. She performed it as though she was in a musical and it was perfect.

Michael Buchanan's "Cool On Your Island" also could have fit into a musical. Brought tears to my eyes in fact. "Fat Slut" into "Take to the Sky" was fun; he cut a few lines (or forgot them) but his repetition of "stick it in somewhere" changed the tone of "Take to the Sky" in a good way. And he danced around a lot during it, which added to the amusement.

"Baltimore" was HILARIOUS and so, so fun.

A few of the performances were meh, but even still, it was really special to hear Tori's songs through the filter of the Broadway stage. Oddly, made me excited for Light Princess.
bobby, the bee collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-11, 12:50 AM   #22
loopdloop
we make it up as we go along

loopdloop has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!loopdloop has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!loopdloop has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!loopdloop has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!loopdloop has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!loopdloop has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!loopdloop has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!loopdloop has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!loopdloop has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!loopdloop has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!loopdloop has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldnickhot View Post
Fat Slut into Take To The Sky.....wonder how that goes together.
Yes, that is an interesting combination.. I wish I was there to hear it.
loopdloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-11, 12:54 PM   #23
float05

float05 lit us up like amber waves.float05 lit us up like amber waves.float05 lit us up like amber waves.float05 lit us up like amber waves.float05 lit us up like amber waves.float05 lit us up like amber waves.float05 lit us up like amber waves.float05 lit us up like amber waves.float05 lit us up like amber waves.float05 lit us up like amber waves.float05 lit us up like amber waves.

The videographer donated his time for the cause, so the video will basically be out when he has time to get it together amid his other projects. I'll be sure to keep you posted!
float05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-11, 05:20 PM   #24
bruno-

bruno- has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!bruno- has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!bruno- has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!bruno- has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!bruno- has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!bruno- has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!bruno- has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!bruno- has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!bruno- has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!bruno- has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!bruno- has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by float05 View Post
The videographer donated his time for the cause, so the video will basically be out when he has time to get it together amid his other projects. I'll be sure to keep you posted!
So it was actually taped? Yay!
bruno- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-11, 02:24 PM   #25
ThunderWishes
Music is what feelings sound like

ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

I thought I would see some clips on YT, but did not find any. Would love to listen to something from this show.
Old 07-19-11, 11:20 PM   #26
collectingbees
her life was cold and dark....

collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!collectingbees has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

I felt a bit bad because I have no idea who a lot of these people are, and I like to think that I know a bit about Broadway.

I had a similar idea conceived with [a bit of a pipe dream] Sutton Foster performing "Baker Baker," Michael Ball performing "Maybe California," Frances Ruffelle performing either/ or "Dragon"/"Lady in Blue" and Celia Keenan-Bolger performing "Girl Disappearing." :p
collectingbees is offline   Reply With Quote