toriphorums * A Tori Amos Music & Arts Community  

Go Back   toriphorums * A Tori Amos Music & Arts Community > * Tori Amos * > Tori Amos News & Discussion > Tori Websites
toriphoria (side menu) toriphoria (drop-down menu)

Tori Websites "spinning 'round, spinning 'round..."

Old 11-12-11, 09:20 AM   #11
mayfly

mayfly has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mayfly has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mayfly has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mayfly has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mayfly has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mayfly has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mayfly has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mayfly has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mayfly has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mayfly has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!mayfly has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!
thumbs up Re: Tori Amos Discography / Collectibles Site upda

that UTP sneak peak is truly beautiful, i've always loved the artwork for
that album. the photography was beyond stunning & creative.

i miss Cindy Palmano

mayfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-11, 10:04 AM   #12
Red Heaven

Red Heaven has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Red Heaven has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Red Heaven has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Red Heaven has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Red Heaven has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Red Heaven has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Red Heaven has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Red Heaven has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Red Heaven has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Red Heaven has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Red Heaven has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!
Default Re: Tori Amos Discography / Collectibles Site upda

WhiteHorses, you are a genius.
Old 11-12-11, 11:49 AM   #13
TheSoulQuake

TheSoulQuake has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!TheSoulQuake has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!TheSoulQuake has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!TheSoulQuake has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!TheSoulQuake has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!TheSoulQuake has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!TheSoulQuake has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!TheSoulQuake has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!TheSoulQuake has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!TheSoulQuake has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!TheSoulQuake has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

I think its just gorgeous.
Your image choice is wonderful. The UTP picture with all the glass and eggs has always been in my top 5 Tori images, I think the layout is pretty much perfect. The only critique I could even give is maybe moving the Home button around a bit because with the color the back end gets a little lost in her hair...but to be perfectly honest that's not even a big deal. Other than that I can't say much because its so nice the way it is. Simply using images from a era isn't the what makes it work so nicely. How its all put together really makes or breaks it. Your design is simple, clean, and crisp. I think your design embodies that time period very nicely. I know how long you've been working on this, I can't wait until its up and running and see the rest of what you've done!!

...and I agree with missing Cindy! That woman + Tori = Magic.

Last edited by TheSoulQuake; 11-12-11 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Y kan't Maegan speel?
TheSoulQuake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-11, 04:37 PM   #14
Veronica
I got my honey on a lemon on me

Veronica has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Veronica has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Veronica has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Veronica has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Veronica has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Veronica has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Veronica has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Veronica has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Veronica has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Veronica has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!Veronica has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!
note Re: Tori Amos Discography / Collectibles Site upda

This is simply gorgeous, my dear. I know how long you have been working on this, and I am so excited for the site! I also miss Cindy Palmano, and seeing this beautiful layout you have so cleverly created, designed, and put your heart into brings back the magic of "old Tori" that I love -- it is refreshing to see a site layout incorporating more of the 90s era now because so many Tori sites today focus on whatever album is current. This is a collectable website, so I love the classic element you've chosen to focus on. I love the butterfly in the middle. This whole layout blends together quite fabulously. You are an amazing web designer and graphic artist. Much love.

Veronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-11, 07:06 PM   #15
WhiteHorses
aka swanflight

WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
that UTP sneak peak is truly beautiful, i've always loved the artwork for
that album. the photography was beyond stunning & creative.

i miss Cindy Palmano
Thank you so much mayfly, that means so much to me. I agree, Cindy's work was so perfect for the albums, with LE and UTP being simple and elegant, or in the case of BFP, raw and earthy....I miss her golden aesthetic touch a great deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Heaven View Post
WhiteHorses, you are a genius.
Red Heaven, I know sometimes you're a man of few words but when you speak, you make an impact! Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoulQuake View Post
I think its just gorgeous.
Your image choice is wonderful. The UTP picture with all the glass and eggs has always been in my top 5 Tori images, I think the layout is pretty much perfect. The only critique I could even give is maybe moving the Home button around a bit because with the color the back end gets a little lost in her hair...but to be perfectly honest that's not even a big deal. Other than that I can't say much because its so nice the way it is. Simply using images from a era isn't the what makes it work so nicely. How its all put together really makes or breaks it. Your design is simple, clean, and crisp. I think your design embodies that time period very nicely. I know how long you've been working on this, I can't wait until its up and running and see the rest of what you've done!!

...and I agree with missing Cindy! That woman + Tori = Magic.
Thank you my lovely SoulQuake! I swear you and I always have identical thoughts. The home button was #1 on my list to change (I'm going to shift it down and lighten the background behind it), cause I agree, it does totally get lost in her hair. And boy I love that hair lol. You are a rather spectacularly talented artist (and I truly mean that), so hearing your critique gave me a huge boost in my courage to continue with all this craziness. Thank you again! Much love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
This is simply gorgeous, my dear. I know how long you have been working on this, and I am so excited for the site! I also miss Cindy Palmano, and seeing this beautiful layout you have so cleverly created, designed, and put your heart into brings back the magic of "old Tori" that I love -- it is refreshing to see a site layout incorporating more of the 90s era now because so many Tori sites today focus on whatever album is current. This is a collectable website, so I love the classic element you've chosen to focus on. I love the butterfly in the middle. This whole layout blends together quite fabulously. You are an amazing web designer and graphic artist. Much love.
Thank you, Veronica! That is very high praise, I hardly know what to say. What you're expressing was my hope, that even though this is primarily an information, content-based website, that investing in the designs would bring some a tiny bit of the magic of the albums to the user. I think I'm spending wayyy too much time on the design part, but I can't help it haha. Though right now I'm moving away from the designs and focusing in on the database, which holds all the content and will be the bread and butter of the site. When I started this more than a year ago, I created the LE and UTP layout, stopped, went crazy on coding/programming, and then did another flurry of design for a few months (which is part of what set me back), but now I'm ready to complete the database transfer of the old information to the new site, and start really updating the content properly. Comments like yours really help me continue since I often get discouraged that I'm not doing this fast enough...thanks to you and everyone for being so encouraging and wonderful.

Last edited by WhiteHorses; 11-12-11 at 09:56 PM.
WhiteHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-11, 07:59 PM   #16
jennifer
circles and circles and circles again

jennifer found out at Zero Point.jennifer found out at Zero Point.jennifer found out at Zero Point.jennifer found out at Zero Point.jennifer found out at Zero Point.jennifer found out at Zero Point.jennifer found out at Zero Point.jennifer found out at Zero Point.jennifer found out at Zero Point.jennifer found out at Zero Point.

Amazing!!! This looks great! I am so excited for this site - thank you so much for dedicating so much time to doing this. The site is going to be such a great resource for collectors and the whole EWF community.

This image is great - that picture of Tori is so iconic to collectors. Beautiful work! I can;t wait to see more!!!!

xxx
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-11, 07:59 PM   #17
ThunderWishes
Music is what feelings sound like

ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!ThunderWishes has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

Keep up with your beautiful work.
Old 11-13-11, 03:26 PM   #18
White Roses Red
The Artist Formerly Known as Kimchi.

White Roses Red has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!White Roses Red has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!White Roses Red has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!White Roses Red has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!White Roses Red has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!White Roses Red has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!White Roses Red has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!White Roses Red has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!White Roses Red has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!White Roses Red has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!White Roses Red has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

This layout is WONDERFUL!

I actually think that this picture would've made a better album cover than the one we got.

Seriously, you have SUCH a tlent for this sort of thing!

He'll play a Beatles tune.
Me? More a Bach fugue.
White Roses Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 02:36 AM   #19
Izaltino

Izaltino lit us up like amber waves.Izaltino lit us up like amber waves.Izaltino lit us up like amber waves.Izaltino lit us up like amber waves.Izaltino lit us up like amber waves.Izaltino lit us up like amber waves.Izaltino lit us up like amber waves.Izaltino lit us up like amber waves.Izaltino lit us up like amber waves.Izaltino lit us up like amber waves.Izaltino lit us up like amber waves.

It looks stunning! Well done!
Izaltino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-11, 11:13 PM   #20
WhiteHorses
aka swanflight

WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!WhiteHorses has a reputation close to that of Kate Bush!

Thank you everyone!! All this support means the absolute world to me. jennifer, White Roses Red, ThunderWishes and lzaltino, thank you for the kind, encouraging words. Everyone posting here is helping me more than they know. It's been a long road but I feel I'm making significant progress and am VERY excited for the day when I finally publish it! I'd hope to have an unveiling on January 1st but that might be too optimistic, it's very hard to gauge at the moment. That's what I'm striving for, anyhow!

And just FYI to everyone visiting the current www.toriamosdiscography.info, one reason it's in maintenance mode is the company I registered with in early 2010 has literally disappeared, so I'm transferring it to a new host. The place I registered the domain is fine, just the company who provided hosting services, their website and all support has mysteriously vanished. That's the danger you run into with free hosting services unfortunately...I will be transferring everything to a paid, reputable host very soon. Apologies for the delay.

Thanks everyone again!

Last edited by WhiteHorses; 11-14-11 at 11:14 PM.
WhiteHorses is offline   Reply With Quote