home / interviews
People Extra (US)
Holiday memories and recipes...
Tori Amos's Glazed Turnips
Makes 4 to 6 servings
* 2 lbs. young turnips, peeled, then halved, quartered or cut in finger-size sticks, depending on the size of the turnips
* 4 TBSP butter
* Sea or Kosher salt
* Freshley ground black pepper
* 2 TBSP honey
* ½ to ¾ cup water
* Chopped fresh basil
1. Place turnips in a large heavy pan and add butter, salt and pepper to taste, honey and water.
2. Cut a round of baking parchment to fit exactly over the turnips -- or place a lid on slightly askew
3. Bring liquid to a boil over medium heat and then turn down to medium-low. Cook for about 20 minutes or until the water has reduced to a thick, shiny glaze in the bottom of the pan and the turnips are tender.
4. Place the turnips in a serving dish and spoon the glaze over them.
5. Garnish with a little fresh, chopped basil and serve.
Amos was given this recipe by her personal chef, Duncan Pickford.
t o r i p h o r i a
the World of Tori Amos