albums / Under the Pink
press release / discography / photos / tour
promo bio / Tea with the Waitress / interviews
1993-12 / 1994-01-12 / 1994-09-06 / 1994-11-22
Atlantic Records press release
Tori Amos: Under the Pink
Produced by Tori Amos & Eric Rosse
* With the February '92 release of "LITTLE EARTHQUAKES," the world was introduced to the wildly original talent of Tori Amos. A uniquely powerful vocalist who pours naked emotion into every song, Tori's riveting performances, both in the studio and in concert, have enchanted legions of fans worldwide.
* Propelled by phenomenal word-of-mouth, massive press raves, heavy MTV play, and the alternative radio smashes, "Silent All These Years" and "Crucify," "LITTLE EARTHQUAKES" undulated to an RIAA gold certification.
* "Newcomer Tori Amos's songs are smart, melodic, and dramatic; the deeper you listen, the hotter they get. 'LITTLE EARTHQUAKES' is a gripping debut," lauded Rolling Stone.
* While she crisscrossed the U.S. on her debut headlining tour, Tori also garnered considerable radio play with her brilliant rendition of Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit"; the song was featured on "CRUCIFY," Amos's special edition Compact Disc EP.
* Atlantic is very pleased to announce the forthcoming release of "UNDER THE PINK," Tori Amos's eagerly anticipated second full-length solo outing. Produced by Tori and Eric Rosse (who together produced four cuts on Amos's smash solo debut), this brilliant album takes Tori's cathartic art to the next plane.
* While "LITTLE EARTHQUAKES" was about a woman/person's coming to grips with victimization, "UNDER THE PINK" describes a woman/person's taking control both of her life and of her being.
* First single: The intense and groove oriented "GOD". Other standout cuts include the dynamic "Pretty Good Year"; "Baker Baker," a penetrating ballad; the reggae-inflected "Past the Mission"; and "Cornflake Girl."
* There will be a companion video clip for the first single.
* A national consumer print ad campaign is in the works.
* Expect a headlining tour in the spring.
* Merchandising materials: 1x1/Nameboard.
Pretty Good Year
Bells for Her
Past the Mission
The Wrong Band
Cloud On My Tongue
Little Earthquakes/82358 * Crucify (EP)/82399
ON A*VISION ENTERTAINMENT
t o r i p h o r i a
tori amos digital archive